Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WOYWW 207

It's time again for another What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday over at the stamping ground. So if you want to know what that's all about and take a little peak at everyone's workdesks, jus hop on over and take a look =).

My what's on your workdesk today is more like a what's behind your workdesk, because my husband put an old chest, we had standing in the attick, in the corner. So now I have even more room to make a mess.


I'm really happy with that. I like making a mess, but I also like having a place to find the stuff to make the mess with...

After I made my canvas painting last week, I first was really happy and then landed right on my behind when I came tumbling back to earth. So I have been taking it a bit slower, with not all to much going on, painting wise. I did do some journalling, doodling type journalling and some paper crafting. Which seems to be emotionaly less demanding in a way. Last night I finally grabbed some paints again and slapped those in my "destroy" journal.


I did "destroy" several other backgrounds last week. So I'll do a little run down of those, with first the original background followed by the resulting page.

The first one is from earlier. I forgot to post that one, I think. Just playing with some rub on's and structure paste.



The second one I made with a piece of paper I used to put some of the excess paint from the canvas painting on. Feeling happy that something good came out of my painting experiment.



On the third one I did use paint, but I guess I wasn't really in the mood to paint...



With the fourth one again mostly doodling and writing about finding balance.



The last one I started monday evening and I completely redid it yesterday, because I so did NOT like what I had done. I  do like how it turned out now. Still doodling, but I guess that's just because I like this kind of free style scratching the page. Just making my mark =).


This jourma; page is, in a way, inspired by an old photograph of me, way back when I was a tiny little girl.


Viscious little thing wasn't I. I actually thought I was being really nice to the little kitten. So yeah... curiosity nearly killed the cat. The saying is also very applicable to me and how I tend to approach life.






 So that's what I've been doin'. If you want to see what other people have been doing, just hop on over to the Stamping Ground and take a look around.

Thank you for watching and happy WOYWW.

23 comments:

  1. It's very hard to pick, if I had to... they're all awesome pages!
    Happy woyww :)
    Jana #108

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does more storage mean you need to buy more stash? Your journal pages are lovely. Thanks for visiting the bears this week already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pages, dear Monique! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your art journal work. have a great week, hugs Shaz #125 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made some great pages! I always have more mess than I have space to put it away! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving your canvas and journal pages they are all so different and the colour combos are fantastic
    Sending hugs and hoping you have a great day
    Ria #74

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your comments. And yes you would tnink more storage would mean more supplies, any excuse right? But no I'm afraid I allready filled my extra space with stuff I had lying on the floor and on my table. It's odd how fast your supplies for crafting and mixed media grow in volume, just a few months ago I only had some acrylics and the stuff my kids used to use....when they were little

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi monique, every thing looks very tidy, nice to have some cupboards. Your journal pages look lovely, like the washi tape! Just had a look at your altered playing cards loads of lovely texture and imagery x

    ReplyDelete
  9. More storage is always good, you'll have to buy new stash to fill it up now! Love all the pages and journals you make. Thanks for popping in.

    Hugs
    Brenda 100

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your pages. Can you tell me what the white pens are that you use? SueC#129

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you have some cool space to store stuff and to work now! Thanks for stopping by my messy desk! Rhonda #120

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those doodly flowers on the 'Cat' page. I'm still working at destroying backgrounds. Maybe one day I'll be able to have a 'destroy' journal :) Keep experimenting and have fun.
    Tracy #76

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been very productive working on your journal. Ah storage, when you are short of space a clean out or re-organization is always a solution.
    Monica 103

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaah, you can never have to much storage or too much work surface to play on. Love your journal pages, the curiosity one is fabulous with those eyes. Annette #23

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats not good falling on your backside, hope you are healing.
    I like more space to get messy on lol
    Bridget #11

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Monique, I do like a nice bit of storage!! Can't cope when there is more stuff tan space. Love your journaling pages. especially the last one - I thought it was a quilt in the close up!! Thanks for stopping by, Cindy #95

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderfully creative journal pages!
    Krisha #50

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the chest storage! Your "Destroy" art journal sounds so interestin!!!
    xxDaniella#97

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow your pages are fabulous. Storage is good :-) Belated Happy WOYWW Anne x #73

    ReplyDelete
  20. Astounding pages - and the photograph of you is just brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you all for your lovely comments.

    @butterfly, I love that photo as well, I think I was about 1,5 in it. I have another one, which is even more hilarious, with me running away with the kitty, because I wouldn't give her up...

    ps: I don't know how to comment individually with this google pop up comment thingy...so if anyone knows, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  22. uhm, by the look on your face I don't think you had nice intentions to that poor little kitty at all! I actually burst out laughing when I looked at that photograph, that is truly priceless!!!!!!! OK, I am asking my WOYWW folks to rally behind me and I truly need your support. I am in a contest and the voting ends today so it's now or never. PLEASE go vote for me ( the camera )....yes, I am begging, lol http://www.genuinelyjanestudios.com/genuinelyblog/gjs-design-a-book-contest-top-three-finalists-announced/
    waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥ ( #19 )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...