Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dreams - art journal page

Yesterday evening I realised I didn't do anything in my art journal during the day. So, in keeping with my resolution to do some art journalling every day, even if it is only 10 minutes, I took my art journal and flipped through it. I found a page that I didn't care for to much. That way, if I messed it up, it wouldn't matter.


I didn't want to spent to much time on it, because I do need to sleep every now and again. I looked through some things I had laying around. Picked a few prints, some flowers and embellishments I made for something else and never used and started my page.


The background I chose had a large scribbled butterfly on it, so I went with the butterfly theme. Distressed some, glimmermisted some and glued some bits to the page. Then I did some journalling with the title "Dreams" in my mind. 
My thoughts were all dark and gloomy and so were the words that poured onto the page. I didn't like what I did at all. So I put it away and went to bed.

This morning, when I looked at my page again, I decided I would cover most, if not all, of what I had written. Including the title. And funnily enough, somehow, my mood changed. 


Together with the disappearing words, my gloomy thoughts went out the window and were replaced by much brighter feelings. I wrote the title again, with gold this time, instead of black and these words found their way onto the paper, "Dreams of flight, love and light". A much happier thought and it left me rather delighted and surprised, at how such a small change could make such a huge difference.





Have you ever had this happen to you when making a journal page? I'd love to hear your experiences.

Thank you for watching and have a wonderfull day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...