Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My art journal...

Another first, a small art journal, not finished obviously, but working on it... you could say a work in progress.

I find it very helpfull in getting my mind organized and getting some of the thoughts that might seem unclear at first, out into the open. It's a great way to try out new techniques and just play and experiment...just what the doctor ordered =).

Here are some quick, slightly messy, pictures of my work in progress.

The front cover...





The picture on the right is actually a painting of a photo. taken from a bridge in Venice, by my daughter ( the photo) and should really be turned clockwise....





and the back cover...


The journal is bound with two rings, that open easily, this way I can build the album on the go. There is still lots of room left in the rings. So plenty of journalling left to do for this one. I also made a little booklet as an insert for the art journal. The booklet isn't finished yet, but here are some pages I did finish, up untill now.







I really like how it's turning out and I totally love the concept of art journaling. Especially the idea of just starting a page and take it where it wants to go.

I hope you liked it and should you have any questions, tips or remarks, please leave a comment below.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you do your art journaling! Thanks a lot for showing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...