Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What to do with all them little books...

Since I discovered how to make those tieny tiny little books, I've been completely hooked. They are so cute and making them is such a joy. On top of that, my daughter allso loves making them, so it is something we can do together, wich is allways a bonus =).

As filling up the house with little booklets is, obviously, not a option and there is an investment involved with making these, both in time and money, we decided we would open up a DaWanda shop to sell some of the books we made. As I have no experience in selling, I guess I'll just try and learn allong the way...So, yeah, we opened a little shop on DaWanda and by now have about two booklets for sale. Not a lot, but hey, we're just starting out =). We made more booklets, but either they are not for sale, or we gave them away as gifts. So below are some pictures of one of the books we have in our little shop and some pictures of the booklet I made for my sisters birthday. The latter being a cute example of what you can do with these tiny books. 

100_5793100_5869 

The name of our shop is "Morgan Le Fae's Trinkets", wich is based on my daughters second name, since it is a joined effort.
The first booklet is a romantic steampunk style book and currently in our Dawanda store
100_5793

100_5798100_5818

100_5814100_5807

I added some cute little extra's, like tiny stationary pages, tiny tags, two tiny playing cards and recipe cards. I allso included some bookmarks, in the form of tags and a butterfly.

100_5807100_5801

100_5825

The second booklet is a gift for my sisters birthday and I had the pleasure of decorating it with pictures througout. Here are some examples. 

100_5838

100_5836100_5834

Me and my sister when we were very young and a photo of my fathers family...

100_5861100_5858

Next to the photos I addes some extra embellishments, just for fun...

100_5842

Please excuse my sticky fingers, I had just finished with the booklet and was so excited about it...and obviously could not wait with making the pictures...
Thank you for watching and have a nice day.

ps: This post was imported from my lifejournal blog about victorian costumes and corsets, as are the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...